Ever since Homebase first opened it’s been a goal of mine to do a skateboarding event at Musikfest. Ten years later, it’s about to happen. . . . on the plaza that sits in between City Hall and the Bethlehem Library too. Normally it’s a bust to skate there but for two Saturdays in August- City Hall is ours.
Our Mayor- the same Mayor who pushed to build the skateplaza- recognized the need to give the youth of the community something to do at Musikfest that they could relate to. He gathered students from Liberty and Freedom High School and asked them what they’d want to do if they could use Payrow Plaza since it’s not used by Musikfest for concerts anymore. With the help of the Parks Dept, Cap Cee from B104 and our local business partners, we are proud to present PROJECT M, a FREE & ALL AGES party on Saturday August 4th and 11th from 5-10pm.
Yes, like that movie . . . but there will be no alcohol or drugs. That’s not allowed on Main St either.
- Only Homebase & Kurent BMX invited riders will be allowed to participate.
- Homebase will be hosting a Summer Sale at Project M: $5/$10 T-shirts, Hats and more. (Cash, no tickets needed!)
The August 11th Contest:
- To enter, pick up a registration waiver and make a $10 donation at Homebase or Kurent. 25 maximum allowed to enter for each skate/BMX.
- Winner of the Homebase Best Trick Contest will WIN A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF VANS HALF-CAB SHOES.
- Homebase, Vans, Kurent BMX, ABEmpire, The LVAC will be doing giveaways and games all night
Again, the entire City Hall plaza will be a strict ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONE. Please come have a good time but please leave the alcohol and drugs outside of this event. With any luck, next year we might get to host events here all Musikfest long.